We spent this Thanksgiving with Js family - his mom and dad, his aunt and uncle and most of their kids (J's cousins) and their kids...oh ya, and most importantly two grandmas - our kids great grandmas! We haven't spent Thanksgiving with family in a long time - and for the last few years we've been responsible for the cooking...this year "the adults" cooked...it was nice to be able to sit and relax - J's cousin even took the kids to the park, so I had a while to enjoy C. It almost reminded me of the Thanksgivings that we spent at my Grandma's house when I was little - with kids running around, adults playing games or relaxing in front of the t.v., and Grandma making dinner with next to no help (that's how she wanted it) - sometimes loud chaos, sometimes quiet chaos, but always chaos. There's a warmth and a smell that comes with Thanksgiving that I haven't felt over the last several years - I certainly felt that again this Thanksgiving...Iwonder if the kids noticed the difference? I hope that we have many more Thanksgivings with family!
Looks magical, warm, and just like a holiday should be. Love the photos!
ReplyDelete