I don't know when I started to love Halloween so much, but I think it was after I had my kiddos. Daddy is always such a big part of celebrating Halloween especially when it comes to carving pumpkins - carving is NOT my thing. But this year, Daddy couldn't be here to help us carve pumpkins...and I am not one to disappoint my kids, or resist trying to have some fun. So, I attempted to carve! We waited patiently for N and C to take their naps and then we carved away.
I allowed each girl to design one face and then I did my best to not destroy it. M went first and she wanted hers to be scary. She also wanted to roast the seeds - I love pumpkin seeds, so I thought I'd try. I surprised Ny with a kitty face on her pumpkin. S is still waiting for me to carve hers, but she designed a face with heart eyes and a heart nose and a big smile!
My all time favorite part of carving pumpkins is watching the kids faces when they stick their hands inside the pumpkin and feel the goopy insides! There are no words to describe that feeling as well as the funny faces they can make. Ny would win a prize for her yucky pumpkin guts faces!
We also enjoyed ice cream cake that we forgot to serve at our Halloween party. We roasted the pumpkin seeds and it seemed to be going really well until I went to scrape them off the cooking sheet...the nonstick coating was stuck to the seeds...how sad. We got to roast them, but we did not get to eat them.
No comments:
Post a Comment