Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Milenna's Birthday

Milenna has always enjoyed coming up with a theme for her birthday...and I've always enjoyed getting creative with her ideas!  So, when she decided to celebrate with Dr. Seuss...I was so excited!!!  I did a lot of looking online for ideas of things to make rather than buying all of our decorations - I just thought it would be more fun.  She was proud of the crafts that she was able to help with.









 The hard part was - who are we going to invite.  Just a month before Milenna's birthday she moved to a new school...and I knew that she had lots of friends from the old school, but I wasn't sure if they'd come since she wasn't going there anymore.  I also wasn't sure that the girls from the new school would come.  Fortunately she had 1 friend from the old school and 2 from the new school - greatest of all were that her friends from dance came - and a lot of them too.  Young and old (er)....it was fabulous.  It was nice that even though my baby was turning 9, there were "kids" here from age 5 1/2 months to 15...and the parents stayed - which I loved because it was great to have help and to have someone to sit and talk to while the children ran around the art room, playroom and outside (making a much bigger mess than I had anticipated)....they had SO much fun!
 dance friends

more dance friends
friends from both schools...
all names at this table started with M : )

I think that year after year after year Milenna's birthday parties become more and more memorable!  (although I'm not sure what will top the power going out at her solar system birthday party - at night, with a storm for two hours, with lots of girls in our dark dark house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment